Guidance Counsellor: Aimee Carter
PLEASE ALSO SEE GUIDANCE LINKS LISTED AT BOTTOM OF PAGE
MY BLUEPRINT- Sign In Link: www.myblueprint.ca/strait
~ A REMINDER TO GRADUATES & PARENTS ~
It is the student's responsibility to research their own scholarship and bursary opportunities, including requests for all supporting documentation, such as transcripts (which must be requested in Student Services), reference letters, essays, etc.
Please note that students are to sign up for transcripts in the Student Services Area.
(Students must sign up two days in advance and are responsible for picking up their own transcripts)
* Former graduates must go through the SRSB Office to request transcripts
Scholarship/ Bursary and Grad Information:
NOVA SCOTIA STUDENT ASSISTANCE (Student Loans)
The 2018-2019 post-secondary school year applicationwill be available in May 2018!
To apply online and for info about student loans:
Nova Scotia's leading source for finding scholarship money:
( NEW ) Community Foundation Of Nova Scotia ( Various Scholarships and Bursaries)
(NEW) Canada's free scholarship matching services for financial assistance:
Canada's scholarship website for scholarships, bursaries and grants. Also has information about student loans, applications, and budget planning.
For grant, scholarship and bursary funding, as well as employment and internship opportunities, news and information pertaining to students.
Government of Canada Aboriginal Bursaries Search Tool:
(Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada have information on over 750 bursaries)
Aboriginal students are encouraged to visit their website: www.aandc.gc.ca/bursaries
Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC)
Scholarships, Bursaries, and Awards Page:
Scholarship Information and Applications:
All Graduates should look at Post Secondary (College and University) Websites to see updated information on Bursary and Scholarships Opportunities that are currently available to them.
Please click HERE for known Annual Post Secondary Instuition Scholarships and Bursaries
The 2018-2019 African Nova Scotian Scholarships: Applications are now available at: www.acs.ednet.ns.ca
The deadlines for the scholarships applications are below:
University Entrance Scholarship* – May 31st, 2018
Post-Secondary Award – July 31st, 2018
Community College Award – July 31st, 2018
Performing Arts Award – July 31st, 2018
*To receive our University Entrance Scholarship the students must have obtained an average of 75% or higher in five Grade 12 academic courses including the compulsory course of English 12 and any four others from the Nova Scotia school system
National Union Scholarship: National Union is offering scholarships to students who plan to enter their first year of univerity (full time) in 2018-2019. Applicants must be the child/grandchild, or foster child/ foster grandchild of a National Union Member. Further information as well as applications can be found at: nupge.ca/scholarships
Deadline: July 6th, 2018
WWNS Educational Bursary 2018: Waste Water Nova Scotia Society, a not-for-profit organization of persons engaged in the on-site sewage industry in Nova Scotia, is sponsoring three annual awards to support students with an interest in on-site wastewater systems. Bursaries are available to paid-up 2018 members of WWNS and their immediate families. Participants may only receive an award once during their studies. The University Award is available to a student currently enrolled in an accredited University environmental, chemical or civil engineering program. The College Award is available to a student currently enrolled in a two year Environmental or Civil Engineering Technologist program, or in a Heavy Equipment Technology program. The Trade School Award is available to those currently enrolled in a trade program related to the on-site industry. Applications are available in guidance on online at http://wwns.ca/bursary.php
Deadline: August 15th, 2018
The 2018 Johnson Scholarship Program: Johnson will award 50 scholarships each valued at $1,000 to students attending a post-secondary educational institution in Canada in the fall of 2018.
Who May Apply
To apply, applicants must be:
- a resident of a province or territory in Canada (other than Quebec);
- completing high school in 2018; and,
- enrolled full-time for the fall 2018 academic term at a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution.
Applicants must also fall into one of the following categories:
- have a home or auto policy through Johnson;
- be a member/employee of a Johnson recognized group*;
- have a parent/guardian or grandparent who has a home or auto policy through Johnson;
- have a parent/guardian or grandparent who is a member/employee of a Johnson recognized group*, and has a home or auto policy or group benefit plan through Johnson;
- have a parent/guardian or grandparent who is a member/employee of a Johnson recognized group*, but does not have a home or auto policy or group benefit plan through Johnson; or
- be a child/grandchild of a Johnson employee.
To apply please visit: https://www1.johnson.ca/scholarship
Deadline: August 31, 2018
- Nova Scotia/Nunavut Command Royal Legion Leadership Camp: Camp will be held June 23rd to July 1st, 2018 at the Dalhousie Agricultural Campus in Truro. Registration begins June 23rd (cost is $100). For further information please visit: http://www.ns.legion.ca/index.php/programs/leadership-training-camp
- Queen's Univerity Summer Programs: Students interested in summer programs at Queen's Univerity please visit: https://esu.queensu.ca/programs/ for details and registration.